Dave

Showing posts with label Tumblr. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Tumblr. Show all posts

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Rich kids Of Instagram Tumblr, causing quite a stir



Every once in a while there is a Tumblr created that gets featured on headlines across the globe. This is one such Tumblr blog, named 'The Rich kids of Instagram'. The blog features rick kids and the things they do - more specifically the fun they have. Like travelling in private jets, drinking expensive liquor, getting expensive cars as gifts. The owner of the Tumblr remains anonymous and therefore no comments have yet been obtained as to why this was created. Tags accompanying the Tumblr however are a good giveaway. 'Cars, Luxury, The One percent, Socialites, mansions, beautiful and drugs'. The One Percent became an internet meme last year. Actually it was called the 99 percent - where people were talking about being part of the 99 percent while the remaining 1 percent lived in luxury. why could not the 1 percent be taxed more.


One of the rich kids have responded on television saying that these photos were shared on Instagram just among friends and did not realize that it would be splashed all across the internet.  Whatever maybe the reasons this is one Tumblr that you're going to have a look at even though you might hate it. There is a picture of Barron Hilton, Paris Hilton's little brother taking a stroll on the beach with a blond, another of Tiffany Trump posting pics of the families private jet. There is also a Twitter account and to follow the story you will need to use the hashtag #rkoi. These rich kids with their expensive phones and an Instagram account could well have taken better photos, just saying.






Here are a few picture from the Tumblr




Baron Hilton - Paris Hilton's little brother taking a stroll on the beach









Tiffany Trump's photo of their private jet







An original post by

Sociolatte



Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Barack Obama 2012 on Tumblr



President Obama used Social Media extensively in 08 and now in preparation for 2012 the president and his campaign team have stepped up their efforts to make their presence digitally know with Tumblr. The microblogging site has been growing rapidly over the past year and it makes a lot of sense to be using it. The campaign team in its first post on Tumblr says that they would like this to be a collaborative effort. This is possible they say because of the submission feature available on Tumblr. With the ability to reblog and share whatever the team writes and the ability to add photos and other bits of interesting stuff. The campaign hopes to generate enough buzz with the features available on Tumblr.



The second post on the Tumblr page is Ashleigh, a member of our field department, packages up cell phones to be sent out to staff in their Ohio offices. The third post has a little about the president's message at Las Vegas a little while ago. Users are encouraged to reblog, share photos and videos.




An original post by

Sociolatte



Monday, August 23, 2010

What is tumblr and how does it work


What is Tumblr and howto use it.


Tumblr is a great way to share and find content. Once you signup you get a blog and these are the things you can do with it. You can create an original post and share it with other Tumblrs. Upload a photo and share it with other users, post a quote that you read somewhere, add a link to a cool website you like, post a chat (funny conversation you might have had with your friends), upload songs and you can also upload videos especially the last funny video that's stuck in your head.


Tumblr therefore is for people to find and share things. You can create your original blog post or just share things you find on the internet in a random manner. There is also no fixed character length like the 140 character limit of Twitter. Tumblr is an organized way to find and share information. 


Tumblr also has a reblog link that helps users spread information really fast across the site. There is just one drawback especially for people looking to use the site for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) it does not work too well, since a lot of Tumblr blogs are reposts or reblogs and does not really help.


The upside is that Tumblr is fast becoming main steam and can potentially drive a lot of traffic to your website or help you get a lot of attention and eye balls to original posts by you. signing up is fast and easy just a three step process. It is quiet a fun site and you can share whatever suits your fancy and find loads of interesting stuff shared by other users. 



An original post by

Sociolatte